Three Basic Things before You Write the Procurement Manager Resume
Many people try to apply for a job but forget to understand their work, so they are not ready when they tested by the company who recruited them, and the result is a failure. Before you create a procurement manager resume, you should understand this position in detail and also you have much to learn about this job.
In this article, we will explain with a concise and easy to understand about the specification of this job which will certainly be interesting and useful reading for you and can help you in making your resume, also can make your resume as the best procurement resume.
What You Need to Know Before Write Your Procurement Manager Resume
How well you do your job depends on how well you understand the ins and outs of this job. In this article, we will explain some things about the job of the procurement manager, from procurement manager profile summary to the skills requirements of the procurement manager. Then, check this out!
1. Procurement Manager Profile Summary
Procurement or purchasing is a process of searching the source and ordering of goods or services to assist the function of production in its activities. The parts that handle or make this purchase is Purchasing Department or commonly also called Procurement Department. The purchasing process is the actions taken sequentially in the purchasing activity, or activities usually carried out by the Purchasing Department.
Procurement function is crucial to be managed thoughtfully because the scope of the purchase is not only limited to how the management succeeded in implementing a procurement mechanism on time and following the target price but furthermore is how to determine an effective inter-company partnership strategy.
2. Procurement Manager Duties and Responsibility
The job as a Procurement Manager has a heavy duty and responsibility because this work is very influential to the smoothness of the production process itself, in other words, this work should not have any slight mistake because it will be fatal. The following are the tasks of a procurement manager:
- Finding and analyzing prospective suppliers who can be invited to cooperate with companies and raw materials that they produce is of good quality at a reasonably low price.
- Negotiate with suppliers to get a suitable price and ensure the date of delivery according to schedule.
- Make regular purchase and expenditure reports for company data archive.
- Routinely ensure the availability of raw materials and equipment needed for the production of the company.
3. Procurement Manager Skills Requirement
Skills in work are needed because good ability will produce satisfying job and even you can achieve the biggest achievement in your procurement career if you master the necessary skills. To become a procurement manager, you need to learn the following skills:
- You have to be an honest and conscientious person in doing your job.
- Has leadership and management skills.
- Able to communicate well.
- Has experience in modern market purchasing system.
- Can negotiate well with suppliers.
That’s all we can say about some of this job information before you write the procurement manager resume and make your resume to be the best procurement resume. Hopefully, this information can also rise your motivation in the effort to get this job. We always hope for the best to you and good luck!