Whether you are in school –or mostly in college, your lecturer will give the task to make an essay. It is a common assignment and it could be said that college students will face this assignment in their learning process.
However, some students sometimes say that essay is not an easy assignment. They argue that they cannot write something in their mind sequence. Well, that is why we need to talk about the essay outline. Here, we will show you the essay outline example and some detail information inside it.
Kinds of Essay Outline
By making an outline, writing an essay will be easier to do. Yes, it is because the outline shows you the step –or the parts, inside the essay to write. It could be as a milestone to lead you writing your best essay. However, before talking about the detail information of nice essay outline, there are some kinds of essay outline that you need to know, as:
- Biography essay outline
- Expository essay outline
- Argumentative essay outline
- Narrative essay outline
- Compare and contrast essay outline
- Researches essay outline
- Informative essay outline
- Literary analysis essay outline
- And others
Seeing the points as above, we may see that there are many kinds of the essay outline that you need to know. Each points show the different detail of essay outline based on the theme or detail essay that you need to make.
How to Write an Essay Outline?
Since the outline is important when you want to write an essay, knowing how to write good essay outline is important, especially for the college. For those who want to make a good outline, you may see some points below:
- Understand the topic and then list all ideas that you have. Elaborate the topic and ideas.
- Make sure that you have at least 4 to 5 ideas inside the outline. It is the first important thing that you need to have and then you could develop it into paragraph later
- Try to find the references of every idea. It is important, especially for the academic essay
- Add a good conclusion in every idea. This matter actually also could help you to develop your paragraphs.
Tips to Make an Essay Outline Easier
To make a good essay outline with an easier way, there are some steps that you could do. The steps of it are:
- Read the guidelines carefully and then highlight the important points there
- Think the detail of topic, especially the interesting and informative one
- Identify the object behind the essay
- Use the number or bullet in order to make better structure, so each point inside the outline could be seen clearly
- Make a section. Essay has some sections to complete, such as introduction, body and conclusion. Add your ideas based on the sections
Well, that is all about the ways in making a good essay outline. Of course, by making a nice outline, you will be able to write an essay better. It will be good when you do some researches in order to find the right essay outline example.